A new version of Samsung SideSync was recently launched and I had the opportunity to review it today.
Basically it’s a virtual version of your phone replicated/integrated on your computer or tablet screen for super fast access. As you would expect the synchronisation is pretty quick. And yes, you can answer your calls, emails, SMS’s and also drag and drop files from the desktop onto the virtual smartphone. It seems a little weird at first, but once you get used to it, you realise how much time this can save.
You can connect wirelessly or via USB and all features work very smoothly. I especially like the speed at which I can reply to text messages with the use of my computer keyboard!
Definitely a useful and productive app for me.
SideSync Instructions & Details
1. Install SideSync on your PC and your Android device.
– Android device: install SideSync app
2. Run the software on your PC and your Android device.
– PC: run SideSync
– Android device: run SideSync app
3. Connect your Android device to your PC with a USB cable or connect the devices to the same Wi-Fi network.
1. Mobile Phone Screen Sharing
– You can use Screen Sharing to mirror the screen of your Samsung Android device on your PC screen. You can also control your Android device from your PC.
– Easily navigate to the desired screen by using Favourites on the Dashboard.
2. Keyboard & Mouse Sharing
– In Keyboard & Mouse Sharing Mode, you can use your Android device as your PC monitor and control the device easily using the PC’s keyboard and mouse.
Try using your device and PC at the same time.
3. Helpful Features
– You can receive your device’s notifications on the Dashboard in real-time.
– You can easily share URLs between the PC and the device using the Internet sharing feature, and open them on your PC or your device.
– You can seamlessly transfer music or video playback from your device to your PC.
– All PCs (OS: Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8, 10)
Supported Android Devices
– All Samsung Android devices with a supported OS (Galaxy smartphones, tablets)
· Supported Android OS: KitKat and above
– Mobile phones running Android KitKat or higher, and are model S3 or later (excluding some models in certain regions) are supported. Some features may be unavailable depending on the device.
– Tablets running Android KitKat or higher can be connected to a mobile phone. Connecting tablets to a PC is supported from Android Lollipop onward.
– Some features may not function properly on the Note 2 NE6 version. Please upgrade your device to the latest version before using SideSync. You can check your device’s software version by checking the last 3 digits of the build number in Settings > More > About device.
– Drag & drop file moving is not supported for models released prior to Galaxy Note 3 (Note 2, S3, S4).
– Certain features, such as the smart phone’s NFC and sensors, may not function identically on mirrored tablets or PCs.