IT Network Security & Cybersecurity
Network security is an important topic for IT professionals and executives. The internet has made it easier for hackers to gain access to your company’s data, making network security a top priority. There are many ways that you can mitigate these risks: by implementing strong passwords; using antivirus software; training employees on the importance of keeping sensitive information safe; and regularly updating software with patches.
Cybersecurity is a vital component of any organization. The digital age has made cybersecurity an imperative for every modern company, and with so many different types of attacks out there it’s important to stay protected against both external as well as internal threats like malware or ransomware! That’s why we offer customizable solutions such as firewalls, intrusion prevention systems (IPS), anti-malware software, endpoint protection & more designed by experts that will fit your needs no matter the size or scope of your business.
Network security is extremely important as it protects infrastructure from unauthorized access, misuse & malfunction. It is essential to create a secure platform for devices, users and programs to perform their functions within a secure environment.We take both physical and software precautions when setting up servers, computers, email, printers, modems, NAS, or other devices!
One of the easiest ways to increase your security is to combat weak passwords. It’s alarming to most people when they discover that modern programs and computers that can crack weak passwords in minutes. We have seen consumer password recovery software crack 8 character passwords in around 30 minutes. We have seen experienced hackers crack 14 character passwords in less than 3 minutes.
- Don’t include easily guessed info in your passwords Hackers know all the usual things we use and their software knows it too.
- Don’t use the same password for multiple logins Add in plenty of variations and in particular don’t mix personal passwords with business ones.
- Never give anyone your password. No exceptions! Be with the person at your computer if anyone needs to access anything of yours.
- Use passwords that are 15+ characters long. String a few random words, characters and numbers together. Get creative.
- Be very careful with browsers that store your passwords Not all browsers store your logins in a secure fashion and can be easily hacked.
- Never configure a computer to automatically log you on. Windows may actually store your password in sight within the registry of the system.
- Learn to lock your computer while you are away – WINDOWS+L – will lock your computer
Hackers use a process called a Brute Force Attack which uses programs to try usernames and passwords, over and over again, until it gets in.The Most Common Website Security Issues
- Weak usernames and passwords – As mentioned above. eg dont use admin or administrator as your username. This is the first thing they try.
- Your theme or plugins have bugs/vulnerabilities – Make sure they are always up to date.
- Not updating to the latest WordPress version and themes/plugins in a timely manner
Don’t let your, or your customers, valuable information be stolen!Read more about Website Security and Network Security – Botnet, DDOS & Brute Force, in our blog.
Call us to secure your network or website
Call us to discuss your network security on 0414 899 254 or you can make a booking online in advance.